Mike Pietrykowski’s practice focuses on toxic tort and environmental matters and he is Chair of Gordon & Rees’s national Environmental and Toxic Tort practice group. He serves as both National and Regional Counsel for defendants, regularly appearing in courts throughout the U.S. Mr. Pietrykowski is a very active participant in a national industry focus group and, as such, participates in thought leadership discussions involving defense strategies for a sector of the asbestos litigation.
He has experience with all major environmental statutes including the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (Superfund), and California’s Proposition 65. He has also handled a wide variety of toxic tort cases including those involving chemicals, asbestos and mold exposures. He has also represented defendants in personal injury, products liability and professional liability cases. He has spoken at numerous regional and national seminars on topics such as the chemical, asbestos, and mold litigation and the use of experts in environmental cases.
Prior to joining Gordon & Rees in 1984, Mr. Pietrykowski worked for several years as a sports attorney representing professional athletes. In that capacity, he acquired extensive contract negotiation experience.
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Former California Liaison, DRI Environmental and Toxic Tort Subcommittee
- Midwest Environmental Claims Association
- Former co-chair, Midwest Environmental Claims Association, Public Relations Committee
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association