Please contact us with any questions you may have about the firm.
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS applies solely to visitors, users, and others in the State of California. GRSM adopts this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
I. GRSM never sells consumer personal information.
II. GRSM collects personal information only in connection with its legal representation of clients, and with respect to GRSM employees and job applicants.
III. GRSM maintains and distributes personal information only in connection with its legal representation of clients, including disclosures mandated by law (whether as part of civil discovery or otherwise) and for purposes related to the defense and prosecution of claims and lawsuits (such as with clients, others assisting in the representation, and witnesses).
IV. GRSM collects personal information of:
1. Individuals who sue a GRSM client.
2. Witnesses and potential witnesses in lawsuits or other matters involving a GRSM client.
3. Individuals who report for jury duty in a lawsuit involving a GRSM client.
5. Judicial officers (publicly available information only).
6. Officers, directors, partners and employees of parties who sue or make a claim against a GRSM client.
7. Clients of GRSM.
8.Those who ask GRSM to represent them, and their partners, officers, directors, and employees.
9. Employees and those who apply for employment.
V. The categories of personal information GRSM collects are:
(A) Identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to: name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
(D) Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(E) Biometric information.
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
(G) Geolocation data.
(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(I) Professional or employment-related information.
(J) Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
(K) Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
VI. Sources. GRSM collects personal information from various sources.
(1) Directly from our clients or their agents.
(2) From litigants in cases involving GRSM clients, or the agents of such litigants, including in responses to discovery demands.
(3) From independent investigations.
(4) From publicly available sources.
VII. Disclosure. Consumers have a right to know the following about what personal information GRSM has collected about them:
(1) The categories of personal information GRSM has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom GRSM shares personal information. (This includes: other parties in court proceedings where a GRSM client is involved; attorneys, experts, and others retained in connection with such court proceedings; and courts in such proceedings.)
(5) The specific pieces of personal information GRSM has collected about that consumer.
VIII. No deletion. Consumers do not, however, have a right to request deletion of personal information, because of GRSM’s legal, professional, and fiduciary obligations to courts and clients, and its use of personal information exclusively in connection therewith.
IX. Contact and requests for information. Consumers may contact GRSM with respect to this policy or personal information collected about them by either of the following means:
(1) E-mail at: email@example.com
(2) Toll-free phone number: 1-833-601-0230
If seeking information about your personal information that GRSM has collected, you should fill out the online request form and follow instructions you will be provided to verify your identity (including your name, address, and date of birth). GRSM will contact you (or your agent) within 10 days to acknowledge receipt of your request.
Consumers may make two requests every twelve (12) months. A verifiable consumer request must:
• Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
• Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
X. GRSM’s response to requests for information.
GRSM will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
XI. No discrimination. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by GRSM for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
XII. This policy was last updated on December 31, 2019. GRSM reserves the right to amend this notice in our discretion at any time.