Alexander Nemiroff has over 20 years of experience in all areas of labor and employment law. He is a partner in the Philadelphia office and a member of the firm’s Employment Law, Labor, Unfair Competition, Commercial Litigation, and International practice groups. He litigates cases before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including employment discrimination, workplace technology law, wrongful discharge, wage and hour law, and other matters. He has extensive experience in cases involving non-compete issues, trade secrets, tortious interference, and related claims throughout the country. Alex has represented clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, and state administrative agencies. He has defended employers in unfair labor practice and representation proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in labor arbitrations involving discharge, discipline, and contract interpretation. He has also prosecuted and defended arbitration actions before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Throughout his career, Alex has provided labor and employment law guidance to employers of every size from Fortune 500 companies to start-up ventures. He has counseled clients on compliance with state and federal leave laws, hiring and termination issues, management of the labor and employment aspects of due diligence on numerous acquisitions, reviewing and drafting employee handbooks, workplace trainings, wage payment issues, security and management of data, privacy, trade secrets, and restrictive covenants.
Alex is a frequent lecturer on employment and litigation topics, speaking to a wide range of organizations, such as the Association of Corporate Counsel, the American Conference Institute, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Philadelphia and Suburban Healthcare Human Resources Association, the Institute of Internal Auditors, Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM, Lorman Education Services, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Camden County Bar Association, and the Montgomery County Bar Association. He has also written several published articles related to employment issues.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuits
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Tri-State HRMA, a division of SHRM
- Former Chairman, South Jersey Advisory Board of Biz Buzz, an online membership community
- Served on the Board of the Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
- Former Co-Chair, Montgomery County Bar Association, Employment Law Section