Donald Verfurth is a Partner in the Seattle office. Since entering private practice, he has focused on insurance coverage, with special emphasis on environmental, products liability, directors and officers, excess casualty, ERISA, construction, bad faith and title insurance. This has also included representing insurance companies in appeals in a variety of complex matters, before the appellate courts of Washington and Oregon, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He also has extensive experience with professional liability defense (accountants, lawyers, real estate brokers and agents, environmental engineers, and insurance brokers and agents). He also represents clients in class actions and unfair trade claims, including TCPA. Over the course of his practice, he has handled numerous jury and non-jury cases in both state and federal court in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska.
Prior to entering private practice, Donald was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Washington.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Washington (Western and Eastern District)
- U.S. District Court, Oregon
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fellow in the American College of Coverage Counsel
- Washington State Bar Association (faculty member, New Attorney Program)
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section, National Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Practice Section)
- King County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Northwest Environmental Claims Association