Jacob (Jack) Cohn is a partner in the firm’s Philadelphia office and serves as co-chair of the firm’s national Appellate Practice Group. Jack has thirty years of experience in all aspects of trial and appellate practice in both state and federal courts in a variety of complex, high-stakes cases. Currently, he focuses his practice on appeals, commercial litigation, policyholder bankruptcies, insurance coverage, and class action defense.
In his appellate engagements, Jack has argued cases before numerous state and federal appellate courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. He has obtained precedent-setting results for his clients in areas including insurance coverage and bad faith, class action defense, bankruptcy, civil rights, and constitutional law. His recent trial work includes winning a $3.1 million federal court breach of contract verdict in favor of a commercial client.
Jack has spoken on topics such as insurance coverage, policyholder bankruptcies, and fidelity and surety law, and has written scholarly commentaries on a number of related issues. He has also been involved in tort reform efforts, including testifying before the Ohio House of Representatives in support of that state’s groundbreaking Asbestos Transparency Act, enacted in 2012.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- Third Circuit Bar Association, founding member
- American Bankruptcy Institute