Jonathan L. Federman is Senior Counsel in the Chicago office of GRSM and is a member of the Insurance, Commercial Litigation, and Appellate practice groups. His practice includes representation of insurance company clients in disputes arising out of commercial general liability, professional liability, business auto, directors and officers, and other types of insurance policies. Jonathan provides opinions and recommendations to insurer clients faced with a potential claim as well as representation in declaratory judgment litigation.
Jonathan also represents clients in a wide variety of civil litigation, including negligence, product liability, business disputes, contract disputes, business torts, professional liability, and commercial litigation. He also represents clients throughout the appellate process, utilizing the experience gained while a judicial law clerk for a justice of the Illinois Supreme Court.
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Illinois Defense Counsel
- Illinois Legal Aid Online Young Professional Board
- The Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Illinois Defense Counsel – Professional Development Committee
- Illinois Legal Aid Online Young Professional Board Co-Chair – 2019-2021
- Illinois Legal Aid Online Young Professional Board Membership Chair – 2017-18
- Mentors current law school students and recent graduates
- Adjunct Law Profession, University of Illinois Chicago Law School