Kasey Mahoney focuses her practice on commercial and civil litigation in New York and New Jersey’s federal and state courts. She represents a diverse range of clients, including private organizations and national franchises, in class actions and individual matters. Kasey has experience defending D&O claims in Chapter 11 and 7 bankruptcy proceedings, federal consumer protection laws, intellectual property claims, and contractual disputes involving auction houses. She has comprehensive experience handling all stages of litigation, mediation, and arbitration.
She graduated from Brooklyn Law School in May 2018 as part of the two-year J.D. program. While in law school, she worked for Brooklyn Law’s Incubator and Policy Clinic and had the opportunity to counsel tech startups and entrepreneurs in the fashion, consumer goods, immigration, and FinTech industries. Kasey explored policy issues with cryptocurrency regulation, the benefits of AI and the legal practice, and provided legal counsel to bootstrapped startups.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, Southern and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York City Bar Association