Kendra N. Stark is Senior Counsel in the Raleigh office of GRSM. Kendra focuses her practice on professional liability matters, including the defense of healthcare providers, veterinarians, real estate agents and brokers, attorneys, insurance agents and brokers, directors and officers, and architects and engineers. She regularly represents clients in connection with professional licensing board investigations and inquiries, including with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission, North Carolina Board of Nursing, and North Carolina Veterinary Medical Board. In addition, she has substantial experience defending Section 1983 deliberate indifference cases against correctional medical and mental health care providers. Kendra also has significant experience representing trucking and transportation companies in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, and defending construction defect and delay claims, complex commercial and business actions, and bid protests at the Government Accountability Office.
Kendra obtained her J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. After graduating from Wake Forest, Kendra practiced insurance defense litigation at a mid-sized firm in Raleigh prior to joining GRSM in September 2020. Kendra has been recognized by North Carolina Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the areas of professional liability and medical malpractice, and as a Young Gun by North Carolina Business Legal Elite. Kendra is also passionate about community service and both leads and volunteers with multiple public service and pro bono projects through her local bar association. Outside of the office, Kendra enjoys spending time with her husband and their two dogs hiking, camping, and enjoying the outdoors.
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Western and Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Wake County Bar Association
- 10th Judicial District Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Board Member, Tenth Judicial District Bar/Wake County Bar Association
- Chair, Public Service Committee, Wake County Bar Association
- NC Chair, Southeastern Women Litigators Conference
- Member, ABA Bar Leadership Institute Advisory Group