Lara S. Garner is a Partner in the Intellectual Property practice group. Her practice emphasizes business and IP litigation and client counseling. She represents and advises businesses, from technology startups to well-established multi-national corporations, in a broad range of matters including contract and privacy issues, all aspects of intellectual property: patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and trademarks; and commercial litigation.
Lara is a trial attorney, experienced in all phases of litigation in state and federal court as well as in post-grant proceedings at the USPTO. She works with her clients to develop strategies to maximize the value of their intellectual property through acquisition and licensing in addition to enforcement.
In her practice, Lara has handled matters involving diverse technologies including hardware and software, from e-commerce to audio and video compression to graphical user interfaces, encryption, authentication, search and database among other technologies, as well as medical and mechanical devices. Lara has previous technical experience with Electro Scientific Industries, Inc., and Dynamotion Corporation.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- University of San Diego Law School, Adjunct Professor
- Federal Bar Association
- Barrister in the J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Court
- Athena San Diego
- Forums For Executive Women (FEW), 1:1 Mentoring Program
- Pinnacle Scholarship Selection Committee
- Western Center on Law and Poverty, Board Member