Leonor M. Lagomasino is a Partner in the firm’s Miami office. For more than 30 years, Leonor has devoted her practice to insurers as well as businesses and individuals in a broad variety of complex matters. She joined GRSM after 17 years as a partner in Big Law preceded by 10 years as partner in a boutique litigation firm.
On the insurance defense side of her practice, Leonor has defended individual disability and ERISA-governed disability claims; beneficiary claims under life insurance policies; bad faith claims; property and casualty claims; construction defects claims; and various other first party claims involving commercial matters, including suits brought by and against condominium associations.
On the commercial litigation side, enhanced by her financial and tax accounting background, she has represented banks, commercial real estate companies, commercial property owners, and other business owners in matters involving breach of contract; leasehold disputes; breach of fiduciary duty; lender liability; corporate/partnership dissolutions and related derivate actions; appraisals of real property; bid irregularities; collections and foreclosures; and commercial real estate evictions.
Over the past fifteen years, Leonor has devoted much of her time and passion to DRI, comprised of civil defense attorneys and in-house counsel. In 2018, she was honored to be elected to a three-year term as a National Director to the Board of Directors for DRI. Immediately prior to that, she chaired DRI's Life, Health and Disability Committee and served as Program Chair for that Committee in 2015. Leo is a frequent speaker at the DRI seminars and authored the Florida law chapters for the DRI Compendiums on Life Insurance Claims and Rescissions of Insurance Policies. She has also been a member of the International Claims Association where she also spoke and wrote extensively. Until recently, she served on the board of the Deering Estate Foundation for seven years and Dade Heritage Trust for two years.
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Court of Claims
- Board of Directors, DRI, 2018 – 2021
- Chair, DRI Life, Health & Disability Committee, 2016 – 2018
- Program Chair, DRI Life Health & Disability Seminar, 2015
- Board of Directors, Deering Estate Foundation, 2013 – 2020
- Trustee, Dade Heritage Trust, 2018 – 2020
- International Claims Association, Law Committee
- Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, Deering Estate Foundation
- 100 Ladies of Deering, Deering Estate Foundation
- Trustee, Dade Heritage Trust
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts