Matthew B. Johnson is Senior Counsel in the New York office of GRSM and is a member of the Commercial Litigation, Professional Liability, and Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors' Rights practice groups. Mr. Johnson's practice focuses on defending creditors, debt buyers, debt collectors and attorneys in actions arising under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, as well as state laws and regulations governing credit and collections activity.
Matthew also advises clients on compliance matters and assists them in minimizing potential liability while maintaining productivity.
Matthew utilizes his prior experience as in-house counsel for a large business process outsourcing company as well as a Compliance Attorney with ACA International to provide his clients with the level of service they expect.
- New York
- New Jersey
- Minnesota (Inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second and Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, All Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- New York State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- ACA International