Ronald K. Alberts is a Partner in the GRSM Insurance & Coverage practice group. He is the leader of the firm’s specialty practice group focused on ERISA law, and combines his comprehensive knowledge of ERISA substantive law and extensive experience in the state and federal trial and appellate courts to lead a team involved in litigating ERISA claims across the country.
Ronald's practice includes federal and state litigation of group and individual life, health and disability claims, employee benefit disputes and breach of fiduciary duty claims under ERISA as well as an extensive health care practice focusing on litigation involving claims between health plans and health care providers. In addition, in over 25 years of practice, he has handled numerous business litigation matters ranging from employment disputes to unfair competition claims for small and large businesses.
Prior to joining GRSM, Ronald was a principal at a California law firm, and a partner in a national law firm. Before that, he worked in-house for a major oil company handling business litigation (franchise, unfair competition and trademark disputes), and was a partner in a boutique firm specializing in first-party insurance litigation.
He is a fluent speaker of French and Hebrew.
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- DRI-The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Conference of Insurance Counsel
- American Bar Association, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section,
- Vice-Chair, Health and Disability Law General Committee
- Life, Health, Public Regulation of Insurance Law, and Employee Benefits Law Committees