Greg Lockwood is a Partner in the firm's Portland office. He assists businesses, executives, and professionals in resolving disputes in courts, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings across the country. His practice primarily consists of commercial, bankruptcy, employment litigation, mortgage foreclosure, product liability, and professional liability, including defending insurance agents and brokers in malpractice claims.
Due to the nature of his cases, Greg is frequently in court. He has briefed and argued high-stakes dispositive motions, which have extricated his clients from cases in state and federal courts. He has been on trial teams that have consistently achieved results for his clients, including defense verdicts and successful counterclaims. He has first chaired cases in front of AAA, ASP, and FINRA arbitrators. Additionally, he has taken over 150 depositions, including trial perpetuation depositions of parties and experts.
Drawing on his past experience as a brand-strategy consultant for Fortune 100 companies, Greg focuses on providing efficient and business-oriented results. He works closely with clients to understand their needs and goals in order to help move cases forward in a way that meets those ends.
In his free time, Greg enjoys traveling with his wife, Megha, hiking with his dog Cordelia, skiing, and running. Greg and Megha are active in Portland’s arts scene including the Portland Art Museum and Portland Opera.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Legal Ethics Committee, 2015-2018
- Practice and Procedure Committee, 2014-2017
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Transportation Committee Chair
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, Pro Bono Panel Member
- Oregon State Bar Pro Bono Fee Mediation and Arbitration Panel, 2015-Present
- Portland Opera, Young Patrons Society
- Catholic Charities