Megan Adeyemo is a Partner in the Business Transactions, Bankruptcy, Restructuring, & Creditors’ Rights, Real Estate, D&O and Shareholder Litigation and Banking & Finance practice groups. She is the co-chair of the firm’s national Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors' Rights practice group. Megan has substantial experience in the representation of debtors, creditors and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the United States. She has represented creditors’ committees, debtors-in-possession, chapter 11 and 7 trustees, liquidating trustees, and secured and unsecured creditors. She has negotiated settlements and debtor-in-possession financing, and drafted asset purchase agreements and other asset transfer documents, including the transfer of intellectual property rights.
Megan’s bankruptcy experience encompasses, among other areas, destination resort clubs, finance (factoring company), farming (organic farms, agricultural financing and PACA), manufacturing (medical devices), real estate (residential home and condominium complex developments) and commercial property (landlords in tenant and guarantor bankruptcies and banks and other secured mortgagors). She also represents the interests of creditors in proceedings in Colorado state courts. Megan's experience includes the representation of commercial property owners and landlords in lease and other tenant related litigation and secured lenders in foreclosures and proceedings to appoint receivers.
Megan is currently the co-chair of the Mountain-Desert Network of the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). She is also the former co-chair of the Bankruptcy Sub-Section of the Colorado Bar Association.
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, former Co-Chair of the Mountain/Desert Network
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Colorado Bar Association, Former Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy Sub-Section
- Colorado Bar Foundation
- Denver Bar Association, Business and Bankruptcy Subsections
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- ABA Business Section Bankruptcy Committee
- Director to the Content Board of the Business Law Section
- Co-Chair of the Publications Subcommittee
- Co-Chair of the Pro-Bono Services Subcommittee