N. DeWayne Pope is Of Counsel in the Birmingham and Atlanta offices of GRSM and is a member of the Commercial Litigation and Employment Law practice groups. He has extensive experience representing corporate clients in state and federal court litigation, mediation and arbitration relating to business disputes and consumer claims. He also has extensive experience representing employers in a wide variety of employment litigation in both state and federal courts as well as in administrative settings before the EEOC, NLRB and Department of Labor.
In addition to his litigation practice, DeWayne counsels employers on best practices for employment law compliance and provides real-time solutions when issues arise in the workplace, specifically with regard to disability accommodation, leave issues, workplace investigations, wage and hour issues, discipline, termination and litigation avoidance. His counseling work also includes drafting of employment handbooks, policies and procedures, protecting company intellectual property, and management training.
DeWayne is also an adjunct professor of employment law at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Collat School of Business.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Labor & Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar
- Georgia State Bar
- Commercial Litigation Committee, DRI
- Employment Law Committee, DRI
- Marketing Chair, Litigation Skills Committee, DRI